Student Council 2019/2020
A Student Council is a representative structure for students only, through which they can become involved in the affairs of the school working in partnership with management , staff and parents for the benefit of the whole school community.
The functions of the Student Council are :
- • Represents the students of Our Lady’s Grove and is a voice for their opinions and ideas.
- • To help school discipline by being involved in the planning of school policies e.g. Anti bullying policy and the code of behaviour policy.
- • Improves student and teacher relationships.
- • The Student Council suggests ideas and comes up with plans to improve the school’s environment for the students.
- • The Student Council may get involved in activities for the benefit of the local community or the wider world e.g. fund – raising.
- • To liaise with the Green School Council