*Skiing Trip 2018*
There will be a six night school trip to the Italian Alps in March 2018. This tour is primarily a skiing trip. The tour is open to 4th Year students for the 2017/2018 academic year. The cost of the tour will be approximately 899 euro.
The places on the tour will be allocated as per our School Trips Policy. This includes full payment of Transition Year fees on or before the dates we have already communicated to you.
Payment of deposit does not guarantee inclusion. Student behaviour and application may result in their name being withdrawn from the tour.
The deposit of 150 euro will be due on Friday 31st of March. A second deposit of 250 euro will be payable before the end of the current academic year (May31st). The third instalment will be due by the 15th of October 2017 (250€). The final instalment (249€) will be due by December 8th 2017.
Could I also take this opportunity to inform parents that due to new aviation regulations:
Any school wishing to organise a school tour abroad must do so using a licensed tour operator or travel agent to arrange the travel package including accommodation and other services. All monies must be paid directly to the tour operator or travel agent, not to school staff or event coordinator.
This means that parents will be paying directly to our school tour operator, The School Tour Company. This payment can be made at the following link http://www.schooltour.ie/payment/ with the following code: 1304221
Further details relating to the trip:
Your price includes:
- ⎫ Dublin/Milan return on scheduled airline services.
- ⎫ All current taxes and charges.
- ⎫ One item of hand luggage per person (10kgs).
- ⎫ One item of checked-in baggage per person (15kgs).
- ⎫ 6 nights B&B hotel accommodation.
- ⎫ 6 evening meals at the hotel.
- ⎫ Coach transfers on arrival and departure.
- ⎫ 5 days ski lessons (4 hours per day).
- ⎫ 5 days ski hire (skis, boots and poles).
- ⎫ 5 day ski pass.
- ⎫ Emergency number while abroad.
- ⎫ Full insurance cover.
Wednesday 21st March 2018
Depart Dublin 06:25 Arrive Milan 09:55
Tuesday 27th March 2018
Depart Milan 11:20 arrive Dublin 12:55
IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE:
- Names must be correct at time of booking; otherwise name change fees will apply.
Current fees are: Aer Lingus €100 and Ryanair €110 – €160 per name per sector.
- If you are unable to provide all names at the time of booking, please be advised that fares could fluctuate for the remaining passengers. We cannot assist when fares have increased.
- Advise the students that they will be required to pay an additional deposit of €150 one month after the initial deposit. All deposits are non-refundable.
- Final balance is due 10 weeks prior to departure.
Folgaria, Lavarone and Luserna are three different communities which have in common historical experiences: the Cimbro-German colonization (X-XIII centuries) and the Great War (1915-1918) fought on the Trentino-Veneto front. To testimony this tragic event there still exist many Austro-Hungarian fortifications, the so called “Emperor fortresses”.